Thursday, December 06, 2012

Friends For Life?

Who was the first person that came to your mind when you read that subject line? I would be surprised if there were more than a few names that popped up. I am sure all of us have been told or have read or have heard the line - ' The Friends you make in school would be your best friends'. True? May be, May be not. Its possibly a majority view. I would like to believe that, the friends we make in school have the best chance of being our best friends.Here is why -
I am guessing that as a kid until you finished school( this if for my generation, these days kids grow faster :-)), you tend to not seek much but are happy to contribute and share in a relation called 'Friendship'. Beyond your schooling days, as the mind gets corrupted( some call it growing up) the whole thinking of Pro's and Con's of making friendship with a person comes about. And we all know, such relations last only until the Pro's outweigh the con's.
Now Coming back to the 'Childhood friends' - are they really 'For Life' ? I am sure, each one of us can think of a few names who were close pals in nursery, Primary schools but you don't know where they are right now. Then there are another set, whom you were in touch but not on a regular basis and when you met up with them after a long time, you didn't have much topics to converse on after you had exhausted the mandatory pleasantries. I believe, this happens when two people grow up to different beliefs , lifestyles . From my personal experience I can say that, I started to wonder - if this was the same guy I had been so closely bonded with in the past.

So, If you have a set of friends or just 'A' friend with whom you have a rocking bond - don't let them go and make an effort to keep in touch . Not everyone have many - 'Friends For Life' .

4 comments:

Purshi said...

I Agree :)

Sona Sanjeet Singh said...

Good One...!!!

Sona Sanjeet Singh said...

Good One...!!!

Sona Sanjeet Singh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.